- Strong comprehensive academic skills
- A school with high standardized test scores
- A wealth of diverse learning experiences
- Good character development
- An active and trophy winning sports program
- Qualified visionary school administrative leadership
- Teachers who are sensitive to individual needs and talents
- A caring, supportive, and safe school environment
- A certified and qualified school at a reasonable price
Students at the Academy engage in the basic skills of language arts, reading, science, math, social science, Spanish, and physical education. They will be engaged in field trips to museums, special events, nature trails, zoos, historical sites, working farms and other educational landmarks. There is a fully equipped library and computer lab. Students are tested periodically by the teacher as well as through national standardized test services.Graduates of HPCA are admitted to some of the top private and public high schools in the Washington metropolitan area.
- Choir (through the Levine School of Music)
- Computer lab
- Sign Language
Many after school sports programs are offered in addition to our award-winning athletic programs in girls/boys basketball, volleyball, soccer, and track and field — such as JumpBunch and Soccer Shots.