If you would like to be considered for employment at High Point Christian Academy, please read our Statement of Faith, then submit your resume and a cover letter that includes your reasons for desiring a position in a Christian school. You may be contacted to complete a full application.
(as of 08/17/2021)
- Jr. Varsity/Varsity Baseball Assistant
PRESCHOOL – Teachers and Teacher Assistants; Kelly Walker, [email protected]
GRADES TK-8 – Teachers, Teacher Assistants, Office Staff, Substitutes for TK-12; Scott Prohaska, [email protected]
HIGH SCHOOL – Teachers, Office Staff; Willie Guida, [email protected]
ADMINISTRATION – Administrative Staff; Keith Curlee, [email protected]
ATHLETICS – Coaches; Corey Gesell, [email protected]
ONLINE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION for Faculty, Staff, and Substitutes
Statement of Faith
1. The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God’s only written revelation of Himself to man. It is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. All Scripture is totally true and trustworthy.
2. There is one and only one living and true God; the eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ, He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and was without sin. He gave His life as a substitutionary death on the cross, was raised from the dead with a glorified body, ascended into Heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God.
4. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God who indwells believers, enables men to understand truth and convicts men of sin. He cultivates Christian character, comforts believers, and bestows spiritual gifts by which they serve God.
5. God is the Creator of the universe. Man is a special creation of God, made in His own image.|
6. In the beginning man was innocent of sin and was endowed by his Creator with freedom of choice. By his free choice man sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. This places man under God’s condemnation.
7. Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. There is no salvation apart from personal faith alone in Jesus Christ as Lord.
8. All true believers endure to the end. Believers may fall into sin through neglect and temptation, yet they shall be kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation.
9. Christ will return personally and visibly to the earth: the dead will be raised and Christ will judge all men in righteousness. The unrighteous will be consigned to Hell, the place of everlasting punishment. The righteous will receive their reward and will dwell forever in Heaven with the Lord.
10. Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime.
11. Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord.
12. Man is the special creation of God, made in His own image. He created them male and female as the crowning work of His creation. The gift of gender is thus part of the goodness of God’s creation.
13. A New Testament church is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers who God will use to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth.
14. Christ’s people are to live in Christian unity and may engage in voluntary cooperation with various Christian denominations for common ends when such cooperation involves no violation of conscience or compromise of loyalty to Christ and His Word as revealed in the New Testament.
NON-DISCRIMINATORY STATEMENT FOR HIRING
Employment at High Point Christian Academy is open to qualified individuals who are Christians in good character. HPCA does not discriminate in employment, or in the terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, sex, national or ethnic origin, color, age, or disability. HPCA is a religious educational ministry, permitted to utilize religion as an employment criteria. All prospective and current employees must agree with HPCA’s mission statement, and they must be willing to conduct their lives in conformity with the school’s statement of faith and the school’s declaration and agreement to ethical and moral integrity.